MX-Series Standard Flange 6.5-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (60 W, 4 Ω) - Titanium Classic Grille
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, MX-Series coaxial systems deliver excellent performance at a more affordable price than our maximum-performance M-Series models.
The MX650-CCX 6.5-inch coaxial speaker is designed around the standard marine 6.5-inch speaker format and features a wide mounting flange with a four hole mounting pattern.
The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling make your music come through loud and clear at speed, or at anchor. The woofer design is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 57 l). Operating this coaxial system in less space will compromise its low frequency performance.
A 0.75-inch pure silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics.
Although MX650-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 75-100 W of continuous power per channel.
Sold as a pair.
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Built in U.S.A. with Global Components
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities and established a global network of quality component suppliers who build to our specifications. This, combined with our commitment to state-of-the-art assembly technology, allows our skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards, right here in the U.S.A.
Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we find it is vital that the people who designed them have close access to the people manufacturing them. The following JL Audio products are built in our Miramar, Florida factory, with global components:
- Subwoofer Drivers: W7, W6v3, TW5v2, TW3, TW1, W3v3
- Enclosed Car Subwoofers: Stealthbox®, PowerWedge™, ProWedge™, H.O. Wedge™ & MicroSub™ Enclosed Subwoofers
- Marine Loudspeakers, Marine Subwoofer Drivers and Marine Enclosed Loudspeakers
- Home Subwoofers: Dominion™, E-Sub, Fathom® and Gotham®